The Grand Sophy

The Grand Sophy

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

And finally he dropped a verbal bomb that suggested that the apple did not fall far from the tree -

I am sure that it is not wonderful that she should have. To drive a gentleman’s horses without his leave shows a want of conduct that is above the line of pleasing. Why, even I have never even requested you to let me take the reins!” She was by far too tall; nose and mouth were both too large, and a pair of expressive gray eyes could scarcely be held to atone entirely for these defects. Only you could not forget Sophy, even though you could not recall the shape of her face, or the colour of her eyes." And far from alienating me, it makes me love this story even more. She still is an amazing character. She still inspires me. But she no longer feels like a character on a pedestal. I can see her without the hero worship. And she is a darling! he is a) greasy, b) dirty, c) has a large hooked nose, d) has small dark eyes, e) has dark curly hair, and f) wants to get his filthy hands on nice, clean, Christian girls. What also concerns me is the thought about how bored Sophy will be married to Charles. She is a meddler. Once she's solved all his family's problems, then what? She thought a few months in London would be dull. Yet now she's staying! It might be different if Charles was the sort of person who would help her with her meddling, or be a partner in it. Instead he is much more likely to try and stop it whenever possible. (Not that it will be possible, because Sophy.)

Latest articles

I need a really evil guy for the heroine to vanquish with her charm and some stuff concealed in her muff!

But this is my favorite scene, because Sophy is so hilariously awful about the awful Miss Wraxton, and everyone can see (including the reader) how bad she really is, except for Charles, her fiance. Olivia Hetreed is a wonderful writer.I want to work with her a little more as we proceed, to bring more of the “Jane Bond” elements in throughout the script. Right now these delicious elements are concentrated near the beginning and end of the story, but as you will see, they can easily and delightfully be worked in throughout the movie, and should be, I think.The audiobook is narrated by Sarah Woodward. I did not like it at the start. A bunch of people are talking. I didn’t understand who was who, and all were chattering at a mile a minute. Yet I grew to like the narration a lot and have given it four stars. Woodward uses different intonations for different characters. You come to understand who is speaking just by the intonation. The intonation of Sir Horace, the father of Sophy, is marvelous. The intonations capture well the characters’ personae. Me lo he pasado muy bien leyendo esta novela, a pesar de que al principio me ha costado entrar un poco. Es una novela escrita en el sXIX y eso se nota. Pero la mordacidad y la ironía... esas frases de doble sentido que se gasta Sophia me han arrancado más de una carcajada.

Before he could stop himself he found that he was replying to this. “Selina, who repeated this remark to me, is not fond of horses, however and she -” He broke off, seeing how absurd it was to argue on such a head. I also loved the unintentional comedy from characters Sophy’s cousin Cecilia, and her aunt, Lady Ombersley. The idea that “no one can deny that nothing could be more ill-timed than Charlbury’s mumps” made me giggle for hours. This one is definitely in my top favourites! It was funny, witty, engaging and just awesome!!! It was more about Sophy's ingenuous plans in rescuing everyone's problems than an actual romance, but it was so engaging and hilarious that I didn't really mind. All the characters were so special and unique and just such FUN! :D

Share Book Reviews

The queen of Regency Romancers is Georgette Heyer, who invented not only the genre but historical romance in general, through the 50 or so novels she published between 1930 and 1974. She was known for her punctilious historical accuracy; not only does she know exactly what kind of phaeton a lady shouldn't be driving, but she can confidently teach you such phrases as: In 1925 she married George Ronald Rougier, a mining engineer. Rougier later became a barrister and he often provided basic plot outlines for her thrillers. Beginning in 1932, Heyer released one romance novel and one thriller each year.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop