Ikko OH10 in-Ear Monitor, Detachable Design in-Ear Headphone/Earphone,10mm Dynamic Drive + Knowles 33518 Balanced Drive Dual Hybrid

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Ikko OH10 in-Ear Monitor, Detachable Design in-Ear Headphone/Earphone,10mm Dynamic Drive + Knowles 33518 Balanced Drive Dual Hybrid

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The company’s flagship IEM is OH7, which is based on a single dynamic driver; it has a performance and also an MSRP that puts it in the “upper level league”, and it certainly deserves a separate review. OH10 scaled better with a higher quality source, the higher I went, a higher number of details started appearing on my radar. On the inside, a platinum coating is added, which, while retaining the full bodied and powerfulsound, it also makes it cleaner and more transparent. The company's About Us page needs some work still, talking about design philosophies more than the company story and origins, but that has not stopped it from bringing out multiple in-ear monitor earphones and accessories that made me agree to take a closer look at one. I've had that problem with the spring tips on some other v shaped tunings so I didn't even try them with my OH10s.

Thankfully, the Gems do this without all-too-common unpleasantly harsh-sounding peakiness and remain natural and fairly smooth throughout the audible frequency range.

None are carbon copies of other IEMs, and all stand on their own with unique sound signatures and construction. The treble are less fatiguing and attacked, and owning the fuller instrument notes, and less brighter presentation.

Furthermore, both OH1 and OH10 have a very big soundstage, both in width and depth, a very nice image, great dynamics and excellent separation; I really cannot detect any difference between the two in these departments. OH1, to which IKKO gave the name “Meteor”, is a hybrid, and by this I mean that it has two drivers; a 10mm dynamic driver made of a polymer composite with a titanium coating, and a Knowles 33518 balance armature driver. But I have some noticed other reviewers complaining about the metal shells being too heavy, causing discomfort for them. The IEM we are looking at today is named OH10 Obsidian, a black and somewhat heavy IEM but with the heart of a surgeon, considering the way it cuts and slices open songs and textures.

Overall, the frequency response of OH10 resembles quite a lot the Harman target curve that works phenomenal with fast and punchy music. OH10 and Bass are besties for life, you can’t separate them, they were made for each other, their bond is too strong and I’m yet to hear a deeper and a harder bass slam in an affordable IEM. Traditionally-shaped round silicone tips, such as Spinfits, can be used on the Gems’ oval-shaped nozzles as long as they fit the 5. OH10 is a hybrid IEM and its driving force consists of a massive 10 mm titanium coated dynamic driver that will take care of its bass and midrange section.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop